Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrities Who Are On Minute 14?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrities Who Are On Minute 14?
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:03am
Lindsay Lohan
Russell Brand
Kesha
Joseph Kony
Jonas Brothers

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:31am
I don't know what Minute 14 is, but I hate it, and hope it and all associated with it dies a painful fiery death
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:49am
Cod, Minute 14 is not a good place to be.  Minute 1 is excellent, Minute 14 is trouble.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Lindsay Lohan

Yeah, she's pretty close....

PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:00pm
I haven't heard from Gag in a while. I hope that this is, indeed, her finally fading into obscurity.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:24pm
With the internet and reality TV shows, entities such as TMZ, and our increased obsession with celebrity-for-the-sake-of-celebrity, it's no longer clear when one's "15 minutes" is over.

Lindsay Lohan's acting 15 minutes, seems to have been over for years, but her fame is kept alive via media coverage of her misadventures and, apparently, our appetite for anything-celebrity.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Cod, Minute 14 is not a good place to be.  Minute 1 is excellent, Minute 14 is trouble.....

Not everyone reads the weekly National Enquirer, Donny. WTF are you talking about with the Minute 14?    
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:54am
Codtaro and Tiz, this is a reference to Andy Warhol's "15 minutes of fame" comment made in the 1960s.  Precisely...

"In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:03am
And now referring to one's "15 minutes" has become part of the American lexicon.

When some previously unknown person makes the news (like the Octomom for instance) they say she is enjoying or experiencing her "15 minutes".

Donathan's reference to celebrities being on "minute 14", obviously means that their 15 minutes are almost up.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:09am
Yes, Jim, Cod, and Thor, Minute 14 means that the celebrities 15 minutes of fame is almost up....Big smile Minute 1 is good because you're just starting to get famous, it's a good place to be in. Minute 14 is a bad place to be in, because you're almost out of fame.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:29am
In my day we just called them washed-up, worthless, or Television actors.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

You're 21!  When the heck was your day?  Last Tuesday? Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:47pm

And don't forget the good ol' standard.... "has-beens".

When these former top-of-the-charts rock bands wind up playing small clubs all over the place I call it.... "playing the has-been circuit".

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:56pm
Anyone on "Dancing With The Stars". Or, as we call it in my house "Hoofin' With The Has Beens"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And don't forget the good standard.... "has-beens".

When these former top-of-the-charts rock bands wind up playing small clubs all over the place I call it.... "playing the has-been circuit".

But if they stick with it long enough (till they're in their 60s), you get "an evening with...".  My bro's had many "evenings with" the likes of Roger McGuinn and Jorma Kaukonen and Ray Davies, at small local venues and even converted churches.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:17pm
If Kim Kardashian's "tape" was around 15 minutes long, then the "15 minutes of fame" phrase fits her perfectly.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

But if they stick with it long enough (till they're in their 60s), you get "an evening with...".  My bro's had many "evenings with" the likes of Roger McGuinn and Jorma Kaukonen and Ray Davies, at small local venues and even converted churches.

When it devolves into playing hotel lounges, high school dances, small town fairs & backyard parties, you know it's over.

Time to go back into retail sales or something.

I remember going to see Herman's Hermits (sans Herman of course) at a Holiday Inn lounge nearby where I lived back around 1976 or so.

Sad.

Or Three Dog Night at a popular nightclub in Cocoa Beach. A lotta formerly famous "14 minuters" used to play there.

In the case of Ray Davies & others of his stature, I wouldn't call doing those "An evening with..." type shows an indication of "has-been" status as much as them playing to live audiences just for the pleasure of it. A guy like Davies probably isn't doing it for the money. Of course, on the other hand, he isn't exactly "topping the charts" anymore either, so in that sense, the term "has-been" has some application.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You're 21!  When the heck was your day?  Last Tuesday? Wink

physically 22. Mentally, I'm somewhere in between laughing with Laurel and Hardy, Gibbering with Getrude Lawrence, and mingling with Myrna Loy.

I'm like a human TARDIS. Older on the inside. :P
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When it devolves into playing hotel lounges, high school dances, small town fairs & backyard parties, you know it's over.

Time to go back into retail sales or something.

I'm picturing Cinderella playing some little bar in the Midwest, surrounded by fawning middle-aged gals still with the big hair and still hoping to get a little action.

Or maybe these guys:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm picturing Cinderella playing some little bar in the Midwest, surrounded by fawning middle-aged gals still with the big hair and still hoping to get a little action.

Did you see the B-52's return to Athens Ga. concert on PBS?

This was not exactly a "small, intimate venue", it was some sort of opera house & theater, but the crowd was not huge either.

What the crowd WAS.... was OLD!!!!! Shocked

You shoulda seen all the flab a-shakin!!!!! Shocked LOL

Looked like sing-along time down at the nursing home!!!! LOL LOL

And not just the audience, either.....

Those two lead singer gals are looking more & more like cafeteria lunch ladies all the time!!!! Cry

Also.... I saw a couple of vids on YouTube of The Human League. Remember them from the early - mid 80's?

Those two girls were sooooooooooooooooooooo HOT!!!!! TongueTongueTongue

Now? Fat, frumpy & doing the small club circuit.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:28pm
I saw some show by the B52s a few years ago on TV.  But it was outdoors.  Looked like they'd turned into a party band for the AARP crowd.  Basically, a dance band version of Jimmy Buffett.  And to think that they were once hailed by John Lennon.

Here they are, lookin' like booze-addled Mabel and Emma.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 10:10pm
^^ WOW. They have added to their bomb tonnage.Wink  The B 52 Strato fortress' 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 4:22am
Mike Rowe
David Hasselhoff
Kanye West

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 9:53am
Ad, the only reason kanye is not a has-been yet is because he stirs up controversy.  I can remember when he was first starting out, he was not controversial at all, he was actually normal, and even sang in a remake of "Broken Wings," by Mister Mister!  I think he only started getting some kind of infamy when he made a song about gold-diggers.  i think the song went like, "I ain't saying she a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke ass."(he actually said something offensive, but I changed it to "ass" to make it less offensive.

PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 12:35pm
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are both on the way out, which is why they're now "dating". Bet your drinking money their relationship's a publicity stunt.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic