Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Casey's 50th Anniversary glee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Casey's 50th Anniversary glee
    Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:50am
Man, I am getting so sick of seeing this chick spokesperson. She is WAAAAYYYY too excited about Casey's. And not in a genuine way but a very fake way. Makes me want to punch her in the face. Anything to wipe that big ol smile off her face, and maybe those ugly glasses too.

And of course, this being 2018, they very carefully chose several black people to be in the commercial to represent racial diversity (what? no latinos or asians?!). I like Casey's ok, but this chick really makes me HATE this commercial when it comes on! AngryAngryAngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:31am
Yet one more anniversary that makes me feel a bit like Rip van Winkle - either that or Marty McFly in Back to the Future Part II (I'm 52). "Golden Anniversary Chevy Camaro" still sounds like an oxymoron to me.

The golden anniversary of anything I can actually remember (when new) is gonna weird me out.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:46am
Well, I never heard of Casey's before this thread so I had to see what they were. Sort of reminds me of a cross between a Pappa John's and an Interstate Pilot Gas station (the bottom of the barrel truck stop). Nearest one to me is 481 miles away. I think I'll be missing out on their celebration.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:14am
I guess growing up in the midwest and seeing Casey's everywhere, I assumed they were quite widespread across the u.s. I know they are based in Iowa, and seem to be constantly expanding.

Of course if people see commercials like this, it might just turn them off! Smile

By the way Pa in case you are interested, their shtick is the "hometown" feel. I have never had their pizza, and probably never will. Cheaper to buy take and bake.

There is a Casey's 4 blocks from my house, and I get gas there all the time. They are basically a gas station/ convenience store that makes and sells their own pizza. The store is always clean and the staff friendly, so I'd give them a thumbs up in general. They just need to get rid of that stupid spokeslady!!! Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:47pm
Thanks, CS!
I've served my time in the Midwest...from central Illinois to Chicago, from central Indiana to South Bend...got plenty of family out there...but never saw a Casey's! I guess I have to thank you for the info and reminder that it's been too long since I've been back...maybe I'll stop for gas and a gas station sushi pizza with an Old Style. Want to bet that irritating spokeswoman is related to an owner?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:38pm
Skip the Old Style.  Bought out years ago by some unnamed corporation.  You would gag at the taste now.  Was the premier beer in Chicago for years until G. Heileman brewery's family took the money and abandoned La Cross, Wis.  Just one of many great beers that ended up turned into swill for the people that don't know any better.
There's a sucker born every minute.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Thanks, CS!
I've served my time in the Midwest...from central Illinois to Chicago, from central Indiana to South Bend...got plenty of family out there...but never saw a Casey's! I guess I have to thank you for the info and reminder that it's been too long since I've been back...maybe I'll stop for gas and a gas station sushi pizza with an Old Style. Want to bet that irritating spokeswoman is related to an owner?

Hey, I'll bet you're right! I never thought of that. She didn't quite have the "professional" actress vibe going.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Skip the Old Style.  Bought out years ago by some unnamed corporation.  You would gag at the taste now.  Was the premier beer in Chicago for years until G. Heileman brewery's family took the money and abandoned La Cross, Wis.  Just one of many great beers that ended up turned into swill for the people that don't know any better.
Confused...it's clearly been too long....and I seem to remember a German restaurant downtown where they made their own beer and it was great - old, but kind of a big place - wonder if it is still there? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic