Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King 'Eggnormous Burrito'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King 'Eggnormous Burrito'
    Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:15am

Confusedcagada amarilla!

~~~

'Elder Care' is not an easy thing, much less am I trained for it, my chilluns. It takes lots of love and patience and a few bucks in your pocket when you wake up toooooooo....

"I wanna...I wanna...I WAAANNNA!!!...'2 for $4' croissan'wich breakfast special, pleeaauuuuzz?!! Your mommy loves you and so would your dad, if he could remember why..."

...and you have a conference call in 30 minutes. Yea - the local BK was just what the doctor ordered, plus they had this thing called an 'Eggnormous Burrito' on their menu! And, well? I was hooongry, too!
Taste? Pretty darned fair!
Portion size? Quite filling!
Coffee 'Rinse-Through' (2 large cups, black, no sugar)? Yellow Turd! Guess those eggs had some food coloring that came right out - sure glad it wasn't in my laundry.
Burger King Egg-Normous Burrito

~~~
O.K. Kiddies! Who's up for a 'Whopperito'?Dead
Whopperito

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:32am
Pickles don't belong in any burrito.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:36am

^WinkYou also caught that! Couldn't agree more - especially since that is supposed to be spicy conqueso cheese-like stuff on the dead cow material.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:41am
Oh, now I get it.  It's Burger King, so it's a cheeseburger (of sorts) in a tortilla instead of a bun.  That explains the pickle.  Like I can't imagine what that would taste like.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:45am
The initial review I read referred to it as an 'unholy matrimony of food-like products'LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:42am
What are those red strips? My mind is telling me that logically it should be red peppers. But my eyeballs see Apple strips and that's just outright wrong.

By the way in my opinion, pickles don't belong on a burger or burrito. A pickle slice on the side is acceptable but crunching into a cold pickle chip ruins the burger experience for me. I know I'm the odd one on this but gag! Never liked the pickle chips on my burger.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:50am
^  I always liked those awful pickles, but I always took them off and ate them separately.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:31pm
I simply GOTTA have pickles on a burger.

GOTTA have 'em.

It ain't a burger without pickle slices.

My guess is that BK "burrito" thing looks nothing like the pic when you unwrap it.

Probably just all slopped in there together like a pile of goo.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

What are those red strips?

My money is on tomatoes.

I remember McD's used to (may still) have burger "wraps", basically a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with a tortilla instead of a bun. They weren't bad, all the flavors were the same, just a different bread texture.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 2:48pm
You are right about the tomatoes.

The pic Pa posted is the Whopperito. His Eggnormous Burrito pic didn't show up, so what we are discussing here is the Whopperito.

There are plenty of video reviews on YouTube.

Here's a short one that shows the innards...

Any time I want to try some new fast food item, I go to YouTube first and check out a few reviews.

You get a better idea of what you're gonna get for your money.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:08pm
I've been having this hankerin' lately for some cheap fast food---McDonalds or Burger King.  Coupla cheeseburgers, some fries and a shake.  I haven't had it since 2005.  I've gone to better places (like Carl's Jr and Five Guys) for burgers, but for some reason, I want the McBurger King experience.

I'd also like a few Sausage Egg McMuffins.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

What are those red strips? My mind is telling me that logically it should be red peppers. But my eyeballs see Apple strips and that's just outright wrong.

By the way in my opinion, pickles don't belong on a burger or burrito. A pickle slice on the side is acceptable but crunching into a cold pickle chip ruins the burger experience for me. I know I'm the odd one on this but gag! Never liked the pickle chips on my burger.
You are not alone. I remove the pickles from burgers and other sandwiches then eat them separately.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 5:21pm
I even put pickle slices or diced pickles on hot dogs.

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've been having this hankerin' lately for some cheap fast food---McDonalds or Burger King.  Coupla cheeseburgers, some fries and a shake.  I haven't had it since 2005.  I've gone to better places (like Carl's Jr and Five Guys) for burgers, but for some reason, I want the McBurger King experience.

I'd also like a few Sausage Egg McMuffins.

MrsD and I call that "The White Castle Effect". Kinda along the same lines as that "Eat steak every day and eventually a greasy burger will taste amazing" thing. White Castles are incredibly crappy little almost-no-meat "burgers" on steamed buns that are almost mush before you even start to chew, but every now and then, nothing sounds better and nothing else will do until you get some. Same way with Cinci style chili cheese coneys. Total garbage, but man oh man, when you want one, you want one.

I agree, there are tons of better burgers out there, but sometimes a McDouble (or three) is just what the cardiologist ordered. Same with McMuffins. It's the egg... or rather the way they cook the egg... that sets it apart from something like a Jimmy Dean out of the microwave. But damn, and I've touched on this before, that's a $2 egg!

Ouch
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 6:57pm
I have gone from, give me something good and expensive everyday, to just something decent that won't make me feel ill. I have caused enough of a stink with City Hall that I don't dare drive even after just one drink. I have a spicy chicken sandwich from the convenience store that warms up really well.

Some corn on the cob will make it a really nice meal...Mama said they will order out at work today.
She will be full and probably bring home leftovers from that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

White Castles are incredibly crappy little almost-no-meat "burgers" on steamed buns that are almost mush before you even start to chew, but every now and then, nothing sounds better and nothing else will do until you get some.

Around here we have the same thing, except it's called Krystal's.

The burgers are often called "Sliders".

I can eat about 10 or 12 of them.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

White Castles are incredibly crappy little almost-no-meat "burgers" on steamed buns that are almost mush before you even start to chew, but every now and then, nothing sounds better and nothing else will do until you get some.

Around here we have the same thing, except it's called Krystal's.

The burgers are often called "Sliders".

I can eat about 10 or 12 of them.

Yea, 'sliders' to some, 'death bombs' for other of us (ex-) drunks.
Enough grease and substance to stabilize one until you could stumble out in front of your car and puke, right before the police pull up.
And ol'Mule? I DID TOO post a pic of an eggnormous burrito before the whopperito - you may have faulty shades, there...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:41pm
Wink...and HERE is where I got my very first 'slider'. I'll never forget it.
Last Jack Robinson System restaurant in Springfield, in the 600 block of South Grand Avenue East, in 1980s
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:47pm
I didn't say you didn't post a pic of the egg burrito PaW, I just said it wasn't showing up.

Apparently, you reposted it since then.

No harm, no foul.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:50pm
Hey - this thread is about egg & meat-infested food, no fowl (the egg may make it 'pre-fowl')
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:03pm
Egg zactly.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 5:18am
It's not "Eggnormous" unless it's made with an ostrich egg...  LOL (That's about equal to 24 chicken eggs.)

Quote msmadz wrote:

I put relish on my burgers instead of pickle chips.  Works great as long as you don't overdo it... Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I put relish on my burgers instead of pickle chips.  Works great as long as you don't overdo it... Wink

Not sweet relish, I hope....

I used to buy dill relish for hot dogs...

...and would occasionally put it on a burger, but now I just make my own.

Dice up a bunch of dill pickle slices, then some peppers and onions, part of a tomato if I have one on hand that I need to get rid of and even a little bit of pepperoncini (salad peppers).

Put it all in a small jar with some dill pickle juice.

Tasty.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Not sweet relish, I hope....

I used to buy dill relish for hot dogs...

...and would occasionally put it on a burger, but now I just make my own.

Dice up a bunch of dill pickle slices, then some peppers and onions, part of a tomato if I have one on hand that I need to get rid of and even a little bit of pepperoncini (salad peppers).

Put it all in a small jar with some dill pickle juice.

Tasty.

Relish on hot dogs is OK but I prefer diced onion and sauerkraut.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 1:44am
I think I really would possibly try a 'Whopperito' if BK would stop showing the pickle in the burrito. That is just wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic