Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Burger King '10 Nuggets'(Return of the King VIDEO)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King '10 Nuggets'(Return of the King VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King '10 Nuggets'(Return of the King VIDEO)
    Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:14pm

Lookie who's back.

Believe it or don't, the first demented thoughtlessness out of my mind was, "..holy sh*t! If they can do this, when's Billy Mays coming back to save OxyClean?!...", but then I remembered anyone with a little bling could slap on 'da mask and be 'da KING.
Wink...actually it is kind of refreshing to see the King back - now I'm ready for some really strange commercials again! Bring 'em on...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:18pm
Hopefully this'll mean the end of stupid commercials for Burger King. I'm looming at you chicken fries and people in burger suits!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:32pm
*I* liked the 'Chicken Fries' series - even bought some
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:21am
This pushes the creep factor of BK off of the charts.  This is like something you'd see in a horror movie.

Fku, BK.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:24am
I'll readily take the 'creep factor' over a lot of the silly stuff we see these days
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:27am
^Agreed. Much rather see the King sneaking into bedrooms than listen to the new Colonel sing about beans.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Hopefully this'll mean the end of stupid commercials for Burger King. I'm looming at you chicken fries and people in burger suits!

The King mascot was/is creepy, yes, but he was creepy in an entertaining way.

Burger King commercials got really, REALLY unbearable and stupid after they retired him. Some even rivalled (or even surpassed) McDonald's worst.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 4:36pm

It looks to me like the end of stupid commercials and the beginning of stupider commercials. Ouch
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

It looks to me like the end of stupid commercials and the beginning of stupider commercials. Ouch

The result of a generation-by-generation of dumbing down... "Idiocracy" style.

I recently saw a McDonald's ad where the "communication" was all text bubbles and emojis. The "language" of the future. Ironically, as I sit and type this, I blame the internet.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 3:58pm
This ad brings bad memories of their ads circa 2009 when the character morphed into a mentally-deranged creepster.

Quite the 360 from his initial incarnation:  (somehow, the tube bb code would still not allow me to post the ad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyLk1l-nBaI

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic