Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Bring the Bible to Your Browser!'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Bring the Bible to Your Browser!'
    Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 1:45am
ConfusedShockedWAIT A MINUTE, here!!!
Am I the only one who saw (and dearly loved) 'DOGMA' and also knows George Carlin is, well...dead?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 2:14am
I have the "buddy Jesus" statue somewhere.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 2:20am
Consider your home blessed.
Have the cats tried to 'make it their own'?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Consider your home blessed.
Have the cats tried to 'make it their own'?

No, but one of the kittens did knock my glow-in-the-dark Mary statue off the dresser and start batting it around.  And I'm not kidding about that.

I made them meow the Hail Mary three times as penance.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

No, but one of the kittens did knock my glow-in-the-dark Mary statue off the dresser and start batting it around.  And I'm not kidding about that.

I made them meow the Hail Mary three times as penance.

LOL!
The first thing I thought of was Robbie Coltrane playing "Thomas, the junk collector", in the classic movie, 'Mona Lisa'!
In one (very,very funny) scene in this very brutal movie, he had a whole room full of glow-in-the-dark Mother Mary statues...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:26pm

Funny...you never see Mary statues (the kind with the blue background) on people's lawns anymore.  I used to see them all the time back in NJ.  Maybe it was an Italian thing.  Or a Jersey thing. 

Then again, you don't see many lawn jockeys these days either.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Funny...you never see Mary statues (the kind with the blue background) on people's lawns anymore.  I used to see them all the time back in NJ.  Maybe it was an Italian thing.  Or a Jersey thing. 

Then again, you don't see many lawn jockeys these days either.

ConfusedWOW! Hadn't thought of those Mary statues with blue background in quite a while - forgot all about them - but the moment I read your post my left-brain was struck by lightning (through the inner ear, doncha know) and I remembered exactly all, or at least an awful lot of the semi-oval, blue background Mary statues, including the Mary Lawn Jockey ones.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic