Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breathe Right - #MouthBreather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breathe Right - #MouthBreather
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:56pm
I looked on the site and didnt see this posted.(?)

I just find this Breathe Right commercial simply odd and somewhat creepy. Why is the creepy daughter hovering over moms bedside while she appears in distress as she films and live tweets, Facebook's with childish emojis and hashtags?  It's f'ing weird!! 

And at first glance it looks more than a simple stuffy nose.it .comes off like the daughter poisoned her at dinner and now she's filming her death. Confused

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:19pm
#shouldhaveputherupforadoption

So sick of the mindless "can't put down the cell phone and have to document every aspect of my useless life" mentality that is present in everything these days.

#fknidiots
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:22pm
There was a 'Hashtag' thread, iSpot wouldn't let me post the video.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:51am
Definitely a creepy ad.  So much so that it should put off anyone from buying the product...
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:19am
Pretty sure that if the commercial went on for another 20 seconds, she would have put a pillow over her mother's face.

#smotheredmom
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:50am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Pretty sure that if the commercial went on for another 20 seconds, she would have put a pillow over her mother's face.

#smotheredmom

#withaMyPillow

LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:37am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

#smotheredmom

#withaMyPillow

LOL
#nowIamorphan
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

#smotheredmom

#withaMyPillow

LOL

LOL

#Tarred & Feathered Patented Filled.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
I just had to watch this again.  I don't understand how this ad appeals to anyone that makes responsible purchase decisions.  Because of all of the hashtag sh*t, this would appear to be geared toward kids, yet kids aren't going to go out and buy BreatheRight strips for anyone.  The mother looks like she's suffering from an asthma attack while creepy brat daughter records it all for her friends on Facebook or Instatwitter or something like that.  And how long is the daughter recording her mother's saga before mom manages to get a breatheright strip?

I don't get the target audience for this.  Maybe mothers who would do anything to please their overindulged, spoiled brats?

And this is a borderline Criminal Minds episode.  Creepy faced girl filming mom as she slowly suffocates.  And the brat's little smile at the end wasn't one of relief.  It was more like, "damn.  well maybe next time".
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:29am
I keep seeing it and it just bugs the sh*t out of me. I just don't understand the purpose of it either. And I know damn well I don't look like I'm choking, appearing I'm having a damn heartattack on the brink of death when my nose is stuffed up, I've never seen anyone looking like this either.

So her little tweeting as mom lies there mouth open with her eyes bulging out of her head is freggin disturbing. 

"Yeah....so...mom's got this cold. Hashtag blah blah" Shut up you brat!
Such a g'damn stupid commercial. 

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:10pm
I'd rather listen to "Keep It Coming Love" on endless repeat than see or hear another hashtag.

#isn'tthatapoundsign?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm
I hate this commercial so much! How about if the frigging kid offers mom some water or something. #watchmomsuffer.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
I despise this commercial and that stupid little twit's hashtagging voice so bad I can't even think of anything bad enough to say about it.

I just want to smash my TV set with a baseball bat every time it comes on.

The worst part is that I never manage to hit the mute button fast enough to save myself from having to hear her idiotic hashtags.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:07pm
#Shutthef**kupandhelpheryoustupidbratohandknockitoffwiththehashtags

I know it's a bit long but it gets the point across!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:18pm
Why is the distressed and sick mom letting her daughter video her in the first place?  I would have grabbed that cell phone and shoved it up her azz.  Angry
Moodybooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moodybooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Next time the kid gets sick, she should just let her suffer, and document the whole thing with a generous smattering of hashtags.

Sauce for the goose.
Men don't care what's on TV. They only care what else is on TV.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Moodybooze Moodybooze wrote:

Next time the kid gets sick, she should just let her suffer, and document the whole thing with a generous smattering of hashtags.

Sauce for the goose.

Girl: Mommy, I'm so sick, I can't go to school today. Cry
Mommy: #Awww #Toobad You're going to #school today! Embarrassed
Girl: Please mommy, I just want to sleep. Dead
Mommy: *grabs her and pulls her* Get your #smellyass out of bed. And no medicine for you. #revengeissweet
Girl: But mommy..... Cry
Mommy: #getoutofmysight Angry
Girl: Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic