Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best. Charity. Ad. Ever.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schnazzmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best. Charity. Ad. Ever.
    Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 11:08pm
This one takes the cake, it's about time someone changed the advertising of helping humanity - I'm so tired of the puppy eyes. These people are real, like you and me and they need a m&#@!*f$%&ing GOAT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yinqadxuQ
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 12:14am
Whoever made that song needs to be chopped up and fed to goats.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 2:24am
Stupidest. Bullshit. Ever.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
schnazzmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schnazzmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:09pm
What??  You think donating goats to people in really poor parts of the world is stupid?  Raising goats is a sustainable alternative source of income for families. They can earn a good profit selling the kids in the local market and the extra income provides a safety net for things like medicine, food during lean periods and farm equipment. As the years go by, the goats multiply and the benefits are exponential. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:25pm

You have to watch out for the 'Goat Terrorists', though...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by schnazzmeister schnazzmeister wrote:

What??  You think donating goats to people in really poor parts of the world is stupid?  Raising goats is a sustainable alternative source of income for families. They can earn a good profit selling the kids in the local market and the extra income provides a safety net for things like medicine, food during lean periods and farm equipment. As the years go by, the goats multiply and the benefits are exponential. 

No, I was talking about that stupid, obnoxious, foul-mouthed garbage masquerading as "music" that accompanied the ad.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:23pm
I did donate half a goat to some third-world village once.  But it wasn't out of benevolence and goodness...it was a gag gift that I made on behalf of my sis-in-law for her birthday (she got a certificate of thanks).  Worst gift ever!  Evil%20Smile

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I did donate half a goat to some third-world village once...Worst gift ever!  Evil%20Smile

WinkI could swear you were once into some sort of Eastern 'sacrificial/ritual-goat-marriage' thingy - or maybe it was just 'dinner'...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:26pm
No.  That was my sweet little Violet.  I always dug seeing her covered in sacrificial blood.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I did donate half a goat to some third-world village once.  But it wasn't out of benevolence and goodness...it was a gag gift that I made on behalf of my sis-in-law for her birthday (she got a certificate of thanks).  Worst gift ever!  Evil%20Smile

Thor...... it's

Worst. Gift. Ever.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 6:50pm
I've actually gotten brochures to donate goats to Third World Countries. Not just for meat but milk as well. I have never purchased a goat but I can see the benefits for people in need. I thinkthe brochure included chickens, too.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I thinkthe brochure included chickens, too.

How'd they fit them into the envelope?  Wink

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:52pm
G4 showed this, it is a legit charity. I like it, in spite of the foul language.
Nice to see someone not sugar coating it and tugging at our heart strings.
I will admit the original I'm on a Boat is a classic but it was clever.

applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 12:04am
I'm a vegetarian. Not donating goats. I'll pop for some rice and beans, though.
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic