Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baskin-Robbins and the screaming soccer mom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baskin-Robbins and the screaming soccer mom
    Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 2:25pm
This ad features a little kid soccer game. The coach says, "Remember kids, if we win, we all get (some kind) of sundaes at Baskin-Robbins." (Would anybody really say all that?) Then, this mom let's out a war-like bloodcurdling yell, kicks the soccer ball, and smugly says to a little boy, "IN YOUR FACE!!" I can't even really put into words what I'm trying to say, so: Feel free to rant about this ad, now. ErmmGeek
Sponsored Links

smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 4:15pm

If physcopaths like her are at Baskin Robbins, I'm going to Coldstone. She's a f**king nutcase.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 4:41pm
I hate this commercial. It isn't funny, it's stupid and mean spirited. I wish the mom of the little boy would come over and pile drive that witch into some cement.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 5:02pm
I agree with yall! It's beyond migrain-inducing,and it plays 5-10 times during some shows!  I've been to Baskin-Robbins,and it ain't all that great.  Disapprove
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by smokefilledlungs smokefilledlungs wrote:

If physcopaths like her are at Baskin Robbins, I'm going to Coldstone. She's a f**king nutcase.

Go to Coldstone anyway. You will have a spontaneous orgasm upon first taste of their ice cream.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 11:30pm
They have a few of these commercials.  In one, a mother tells her filthy son that if he washes up, she'll take him to Baskin Robbins.  So, the father turns a hose on the kid and washes him down.  Dad wants ice cream, too!!

Then, there's the one in which a mother arrives to pick up the kids from Grandma's house.  She tells them that, if Grandma says they were good, she'll take them to Baskin-Robbins.  But Grandma's house was obviously trashed by the kids.  Nevertheless, Grandma's so excited about the thought of an ice cream cone that she insists they were angels.  Here, she's got hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of repairs and clean-up to make in her home, but an ice cream cone makes it all better.

Very annoying series of ads.

Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 3:36am
Aaargh! parents today... some families will do anything for ice cream, even if it means having to bring up kids!

Ian
One call... destroys 'em all!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Go to Coldstone anyway. You will have a spontaneous orgasm upon first taste of their ice cream.

Put a dollar in their jar and watch the pained look of horror in their eyes when they know that they HAVE to sing some weird ice cream themed rendition of Great Balls of Fire.

It's like a cruel magic trick.

Same with playing Garth Brooks, "friends in low places" on the juke box at a hick bar. Such power in a dollar bill.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They have a few of these commercials.  In one, a mother tells her filthy son that if he washes up, she'll take him to Baskin Robbins.  So, the father turns a hose on the kid and washes him down.  Dad wants ice cream, too!!

Then, there's the one in which a mother arrives to pick up the kids from Grandma's house.  She tells them that, if Grandma says they were good, she'll take them to Baskin-Robbins.  But Grandma's house was obviously trashed by the kids.  Nevertheless, Grandma's so excited about the thought of an ice cream cone that she insists they were angels.  Here, she's got hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of repairs and clean-up to make in her home, but an ice cream cone makes it all better.

I don't remember seeing the soccer mom one, but I have seen the ones Thor mentions. Can't mom take one look at Grandma's place and tell her kids were nasty little snots? You usually tell someone before hand if they're good they get something, not after the fact.

I do agree... Coldstone > Baskin Robbins
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Put a dollar in their jar and watch the pained look of horror in their eyes when they know that they HAVE to sing some weird ice cream themed rendition of Great Balls of Fire.

It's like a cruel magic trick.

Same with playing Garth Brooks, "friends in low places" on the juke box at a hick bar. Such power in a dollar bill.

LOLLOLLOL I just love being entertained with "I've been working on the Railroad"

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I don't remember seeing the soccer mom one, but I have seen the ones Thor mentions. Can't mom take one look at Grandma's place and tell her kids were nasty little snots? You usually tell someone before hand if they're good they get something, not after the fact.

Mom's in denial.  Her little angels would never have trashed Grandma's place.  Musta been gremlins. 

Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 9:52pm
Coldstone's really good.  

However, maybe it was just a bad batch, but I swear that mint tasted exactly like old school Crest. Dead   I wanted mint chip with M&Ms, not Aim.....blecch!

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 10:08pm
Old school crest. Man I hated that stuff. It was amazingly green. My brother told me that McDonald's Shamrock Shakes were made from spit up crest.

I was so mad.

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 12:26am
I was actually surprised to find out Baskin-Robbins was stilla round. Last time I was ever in one was when I was 8 and it was because I wanted to get me one of those sundaes served in the little football helmets. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

Coldstone's really good.  

However, maybe it was just a bad batch, but I swear that mint tasted exactly like old school Crest. Dead   I wanted mint chip with M&Ms, not Aim.....blecch!

I used to go to Cold Stone to be able to get mint ice cream without anything in it.  I don't like a whole lotta stuff in ice cream, and you can't get mint ice cream without chocolate chips in grocery stores.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 12:13pm

Old school crest. Man I hated that stuff. It was amazingly green. My brother told me that McDonald's Shamrock Shakes were made from spit up crest.

I was so mad.

I love shamrock shakes!  I don't know a kid that will drink one, and I've tried on numerous friends' children as well as my own.  It must be an age thing, kind of like how old people like to drink Sanka (blech).

It should be noted that I'm "OK" with old-school Crest, too.  I wouldn't want a shake made out of it, though.

BTW Baskin Robbins' are awful.  I've never been in one that is even remotely clean.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Mom's in denial.  Her little angels would never have trashed Grandma's place.  Musta been gremlins. 

Or an eplileptic rhino.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 4:37pm
FOOTBALL HELMET BOWLS! Wow is that memory lane there?
I was part of the Birthday Club. I hardly ever redeemed my free cone but I got a post card from them clear up to my 14th birthday! Somehow, they found me when I moved from California to Washington state.
It was spooky.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I was so mad.

I love shamrock shakes!  I don't know a kid that will drink one, and I've tried on numerous friends' children as well as my own.  It must be an age thing, kind of like how old people like to drink Sanka (blech).

It should be noted that I'm "OK" with old-school Crest, too.  I wouldn't want a shake made out of it, though.

BTW Baskin Robbins' are awful.  I've never been in one that is even remotely clean.

I love Shamrock Shakes too, but have you ever gotten one with TOO much mint flavor? I'm pretty sure the shakes come pre mixed, but I got an awful Shamrock Shake 2 years ago that did in fact taste like toothpaste. Maybe the machine was almost empty?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 5:55pm
Apparently, I live a charmed life.  That has never happened to me.

I'm so sorry that happened!

Here's to next season....
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 5:58pm
Oh this season was grand, my local Mc Donalds had shakes into April, and it was just as good as it should be Big%20smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 7:54am
Once again:  screaming is NEVER appropriate in commercials, DAMMIT!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 6:52pm
Remember when Grimace's Irish uncle  would come to usher in the coming Shamrock Shakes?

His name was Uncle O'Grimacey, he was green and wore a little hat.
Luvcommercials View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvcommercials Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 3:46am
I think youre all reading waaaaay too much into this one. If the roles were reversed and the kid was yelling in the moms face youde all think it was funny.  But yet no one complains about a lunchables commercial in which the mom looks like villain for sending her kids off to school with a healthy lunch, then a hero when she lets him have a disgusting lunchables... which we all know must be extremely healthy...

Btw... enjoy your preservative laden frozen treats.... i mean, ice cream and milk shakes. Dont even think about trying to make it yourself.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Luvcommercials Luvcommercials wrote:

I think youre all reading waaaaay too much into this one. If the roles were reversed and the kid was yelling in the moms face youde all think it was funny.  But yet no one complains about a lunchables commercial in which the mom looks like villain for sending her kids off to school with a healthy lunch, then a hero when she lets him have a disgusting lunchables... which we all know must be extremely healthy...

Btw... enjoy your preservative laden frozen treats.... i mean, ice cream and milk shakes. Dont even think about trying to make it yourself.

I would think the kid was a brat for screaming at an adult.
And I don't exactly know how to make a milkshake myself.
I have yet to get my Magic Bullet up and running.
And how do you make ice cream youself?
Are you implying I buy a hand crank, milk, salt, and spend my Saturday trying to make one bowl of ice cream?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic