Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awesome news for Scrubs fans!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome news for Scrubs fans!!!
    Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:22am
According to the following article the NBC comedy "Scrubs" will be immediately picked up by ABC.

More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!!

Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:55pm

I'd be in tears if last night's episode was the last one.  Well, not really, but still.

Why won't J.D. & Elliot hook up???
I have 168 characters remaining.
FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:20pm
I think 7 seasons is a great run why have more?
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:50pm
I discovered the show in syndication (and via a friend's DVD set), and love it. ABC needs a hit, so it would be nice if they treat this show right.

NBC never really knew what to do with this one. They kept it around, but never had the right spot for it. I thought it went well on the Thursday block, with all the other "quirky sitcoms", but I guess I was wrong.

Oh well, at least ABC now has the quirky sitcom they've wanted so desperately. Hopefully, they won't try to turn it into the other sitcoms they've run over the last two or three years.
The poster formerly known as producer757
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:45am
If JD and Elliott DO hook up, I'll be so pissed because that would be SO CLICHE!!!!!!!!

please don't let that happen, Scrubs producers. PLEEEEASE.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:37am
I see the move to ABC as way to get the (proper) series finale that this show deserves. If the show had stopped after this season, that never would have happened.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:49am
Scrubs is one of those shows I only watch in reruns.  That's the way my sitcom viewing's always been.  Because seeing first-run episodes is not something I typically do, it's often a few years before I even realize that the show had been cancelled.  So, while I'm glad that Scrubs has been picked up, it won't really make a difference to me until the new episodes are put into syndication.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:56am
I really wanted to give Bill Lawrance the suggestion that he should have Alicia Goranson play Dr. Elliot Reed for an episode.  That would be a very Scrubs thing to do.

Remember that Dr. Elliot Reed is played by Sarah Chalke who for several seasons replaced Alicia Goranson who played Becky on Roseanne.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 4:44am
That would be funny. 

Wasn't there an episode of Roseanne where both the actresses appeared, or am I just imagining that?  I seem to recall one of them walked out the door to go somewhere, and when she returned, it was the other actress.  Or something like that.  If not, that would've definitely been a Roseanne thing to do.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That would be funny. 

Wasn't there an episode of Roseanne where both the actresses appeared, or am I just imagining that?  I seem to recall one of them walked out the door to go somewhere, and when she returned, it was the other actress.  Or something like that.  If not, that would've definitely been a Roseanne thing to do.

I do remember that they sort of gave a nod to the situation.  When Alicia came back, she had a scene where she walks in the room, one of the other characters, maybe her sister, says to her, "Where have you been?".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:21am
I Heart Sarah Chalke. Tongue

FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:45am
She's sexy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 5:51am
Kooky sexy.

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 1:58am
As an added bonus, ABC may pick up The New Adventures of Old Christine, which CBS no longer wants.  Better that CBS should have brought back Welcome To The Captain rather than Rules of Engagement starring David Spade, the pr**k from the Capital One commercials. 
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

According to the following article the NBC comedy "Scrubs" will be immediately picked up by ABC.

More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!! More Scrubs!!!

UPDATE:  According to USA Today, Scrubs will NOT air on ABC until midseason.  And Old Christine will remain at CBS for a full season, where it will anchor the resurrected Wednesday night comedy hour vacated by The King of Queens. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 3:25am
Well, midseason is better than gone forever.

Am I right, people???

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:37pm
Yup
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic