Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audible- Listen For A Change (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audible- Listen For A Change (video)
    Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
Look!  These commercials have been pissing me off for a while!

This chick, where is her demented mind going? I feel the need to smack some sense into her.

I love to read! I'm on an internet website, dammit!  That's what we do!

But these people? Don't most people read to relax and disconnect?  F*ck you Audible, an Amazon company!   Oh, let's not forget the freaking commercial!

"The most inspiring minds, the most compelling stories."  Hey Audible, I've got some freaking stories for you!  AngryAngryAngryAngry

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:35pm
And this couple?  I think he is just hoping to cop a feel!

so f**king stupid!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:30pm
Stern Smile
The Missus was an avid reader to the point the Den has a library room and she was Audible's '#1 Fan' during boring moments at work or in the car. *I* thought I would try it but I got 'Hooked on XM' whenever I take long road trips anymore. Books? No pictures, no picky uppy anymore...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
"Audible has the power to make us better parents, better leaders"!
 Screw you audible!

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:45pm
I've seen the one where the guy is learning Spanish through Audible, goes to a restaurant and the waitress approves his Spanish-speaking asking for a table.  Instead of telling him in Spanish "muy bueno" she says it in English, "very good".  Confused  Immersion is the best way to learn, not having someone speak to you in your Native language.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I've seen the one where the guy is learning Spanish through Audible, goes to a restaurant and the waitress approves his Spanish-speaking asking for a table.  Instead of telling him in Spanish "muy bueno" she says it in English, "very good".  Confused  Immersion is the best way to learn, not having someone speak to you in your Native language.
WinkI've lived half of my life in foreign lands and I DO agree with you, however sometimes even immersion can't save one who just doesn't have the knack...now, French? When I was very young, it was all I heard for years and I always find how much of it I have lost over time. German? They often defeated forcing me to learn German as most spoke English. Spanish? I've wanted to learn it just so I could be a little safer travelling South, but I THINK those days are over. Assorted Indian or Chinese dialects? I have NO IDEA what anyone is saying and doubt there is any hope I will learn, although a number of great friends keep trying to get me back to India...so there may be a chance I can pick up a little bit before my expiration date. I've just never been good with foreign languages.
Having said that, thanks for reminding me about 'Immersion' - maybe I SHOULD both the commercial and You and try it out on one of my next long drives...what a great & productive use of time!  
~~~
UPDATE: THANK YOU, DRS!
Just as I finished the above, I decided to open another tab and peek at BABBEL.COM, which I've wanted to do for a LONG time, but never got around to doing...and just finished creating my profile, while scoring 90% in a few quick simple Spanish tests - and I actually had FUN! Having said that, it just as quickly reminded me one of *my* big challenges is that it is nice to have the ability to understand, but SPEAKING? That's different. I've always heard that doesn't start to come about until one starts to DREAM in the language. WinkBig smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:49pm
BETTER PARENTS!!!

Yeah! You had better go buy an expensive smart phone and subscribe to Audible so your local DFS agent doesn't show up unexpectedly!  Angry

BETTER LEADERS!

Your employees hate you!  Put some buds in your ears so you can't hear them talking about you!Angry

BETTER PEOPLE!

I've been cleaning up puke from a dog we don't even own, Mama gets Mary Kay credits for our intensive care and a trip to the Vets office! Angry

For them to imply that somehow I am not living up to my responsibility as a human is an insult...

F*CK OFF AUDIBLE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic