Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T YOUR THING GARBAGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Jay Jay wrote:

I hate these commercials. Starting with the person doing the voiceover. Hate her voice. I tried to look up who she is and can’t find it. Sounds like a few people. Mainly Queen La Queefa. Or possibly Mohammad Ali’s daughter. I Hate how she keeps saying your thang over and over.

isnt it that angry big black chick from SNL? i agree--and shes getting a TON of work for a minimum of talent and a smidge of funniness
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:24am
Originally posted by jaybyrd1955 jaybyrd1955 wrote:

Just look at the commercials in one you have a hot black girl throws a wimpy white guys things on the street while the black woman with the black dominatrix voice take about moving on to"bigger and better things" imagine the uproar if it was a sexy white girl tossing out the possessions of a wimpy black guy.
In another commercial the same narrator talks about starting your forever thing and life together with you new life as a black man and a white women mine in together. It's about kissing the black ass if there VH1 MTV crowd where anyone who doesn't like them is accused if being racist even thought every mixed couple and every hip hop group always features a black man and a white girl never the other way around but lately for the first time some commercials are actually featuring white guys and black girls. The hip hop generation hates this so that had to throw in the moving on to bigger and better things to reassure the black man that he was Superior.
What it really is about though is that in most crack houses and trap house the addicts and dealers there have blown to there credit with the local cable affiliates so ATT knows that they have to just as to their audience because their service becomes costly after their introductory rate runs out and some will pay and others will have to pay it later if they get their lives together and buet a house and they'll pay the bill they defaulted on when they were smoking crack!!!
It's only racism when it insults black people that's my thank.
WinkIf these were different days, I might want to pick a fight over your post...but times have changed and, having been active in civil rights in the past, I'm disgusted with behaviors that have evolved on all sides, these days. I don't expect people to know who I am, who my wife was, much less what we accomplished - but I know this: I didn't sign up or stand for the new style of reverse-discrimination & segregation I keep encountering and the weak efforts to stem the tide. I worry for my children and grandchildren, these days. Depending upon the blinders people wear is what people see and I know those in the upper economic levels do not see what is really happening, no matter if they grew up in it. Often, it is those who are becoming part of the problem - and quite often, not consciously.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:43am
And then we have ... THIS dope. Ermm Ed Helms, TV and box office poison.

The Ed Helms of devices? So you're saying these devices are a complete FAIL? That's how I'm understanding it. 
Jay View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:16pm
Ive hated this commercial since day one, mostly because of the black womans voice, saying that’s your thing, that’s our thing. But have you noticed, the newest versions have this woman’s voice toned down so she’s not as obnoxious. The dialogue is just as obnoxious.
Jay
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:28pm
dis yo thing..dat muh THANG?

i think its Leslie Ugh-face from SNL--duh new voice of duh GHET toe
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:06pm
I've found her... the voice we've all been bitching about. Her name is Lena Waithe. I'm just going to leave this here.

Jay View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:06pm
Ok, yup, you cracked it. Good job! Now I know what the face of the person I want to kick in the head looks like. That’s my thang
Jay
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:48pm
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:25am
shouldn't the title for this post be YO thang?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic