Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Commercial parents of future president

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Commercial parents of future president
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:38pm
This commercial is so smarmy. First an elderly couple watches their son the 57th president get sworn in and then it goes back in time to when the president was a little boy when the wife is holding her pregnant tummy, and then when there is eye contact between the couple and the man quickly makes a reservation using his device by A T and T. 
Sponsored Links

sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:46pm
Meant to say man catches sight of woman on train and quickly makes reservations with his A T and T gadget and then boards train so in future they can spawn this president. As if...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:27pm
Confused...agreed. Stupid commercial.
    How could they possibly have left the 'DNA TEST' scene out? If the kid became 'President', how can they *NOT* be sure the kid wasn't really MINE (from her drunken night before)? If he was (yea - probably was - looks more like me...became 'President' and so forth...), I'm not only PROUD, I'm really happy I didn't get stuck with 'child support', all those years...
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:56pm
I think it's kind of sweet. oh, if it were that simple.
But it's not.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 12:09am
Every time I see this commercial I always think something along the lines of, "57th president? Yeah, right. More likely to be the 57th president's assassin."
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:04am
A 57th President would probably take office no earlier than 2060 and no later than 2112. That skews the ages of the parents in the commercial.ErmmQuestion
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:30am

The 57th President will actually be the evil spawn of the merger of AT&T and Droid.  We humans will only be kept around to carry them from place to place until their cyborg bodies are ready.... LOL

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by msubulldog msubulldog wrote:

A 57th President would probably take office no earlier than 2060 and no later than 2112. That skews the ages of the parents in the commercial.ErmmQuestion

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Assuming the two lovebirds were born in the late-80s, they are still gonna be much older than they are in that commercial, even if it is 2060.

I know it's a commercial, but the writers didn't plan that one out too well... Embarrassed
The poster formerly known as producer757
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:15pm
I really despise how att  tries to present itself as this huge company who is going  to satisfy "97%" of Americans every communication need .  Going with the hallmark approach  or WTF ever it is.  There other ad here show HUGE red  sheets of  "I'm sure it is the finest fabric with a huge thread count." covering the Hoover dam, lots of hotels in Vegas. and even right up to the edge of the ocean. Sorry I can't tell which coast.  They seem to be still worried about the others coverage.  I hate you at&t
roszikansz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roszikansz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:21am

You notice how when the guy gets on the train, that woman is still looking out the window like she didn't notice he had left? It ruins the smarmyness this ad tries to reek of.

If you're going to do something bad, at least learn to do it right!
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 4:43am
How in the hell did the guy switch tickets and get on the train before it took off?  Maybe nice regional trains like that wait a while (I wouldn't know...I have only been on the city metrorail and the doors are open for ~10 seconds before the train speeds off.)  In reality, the train probably would have taken off by the time the ticket website even loaded on his phone.  Let's not forget that he probably had to access his personal information, ticket itinerary, and chosen the correct train to swap all in .0005 seconds so he could be with the girl he randomly met eyes with while on the station platform.  It was also sort of creepy when the guy just sat across from the woman on the empty train and stared at her all expectantly...talk about stranger danger!  What if she didn't like him back?  The guy would have had to ride on the wrong train just for some girl. Confused

Secondly...look at the guy's 'son' president in the future...where in the heck is the podium?  I'm sure they would have SOME kind of podium with the presidential seal there at a presidential inauguration.  The guy was standing in front of an empty balcony.  Also, according to another post above, this would probably take place in 2060 at least...and everyone looks like they came from today.  Although I know it was a quick scene, I find it hard to believe that fashions would not change in 50 years to some extent to have it even remotely noticable in a scene like this.  It would be like a show from 1960 expecting the people of 2010 to look identical to '60s people in a 'view into the future.'  Yeah right.
pony girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pony girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 4:14am
AT&T is having a major identity crisis--awkward Luke Wilson pitches, godzilla-sized crayon drawings taking over a city to the willy wonka song, massive orange fabric covering the planet's landmarks, and now this puke-tastic lifetime movie-esque ad? Their ads are lack creativity and coherency...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:37am
Originally posted by pony girl pony girl wrote:

AT&T is having a major identity crisis--awkward Luke Wilson pitches, godzilla-sized crayon drawings taking over a city to the willy wonka song, massive orange fabric covering the planet's landmarks, and now this puke-tastic lifetime movie-esque ad? Their ads are lack creativity and coherency...

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 7:54pm
They're still showing this stupid commercial here. I agree with DP7. AT&T may have the fastest 3G network but one just doesn't change tickets that quickly.
That woman could have been smiling just to be friendly. What if AT&T guy gets onboard only to find out the woman's boyfriend was in the restroom.Wink 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic