Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple - "Say it with Stickers"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple - "Say it with Stickers"
    Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:40am
Just awful! I didn't even know what this was for - I was initially thinking it was maybe one of those annoying Old Navy ads. Until I saw the phone with the goofball stickers.  I don't use these things on my iPhone, obviously these are geared towards kids / teens.

Most of these dumb things aren't free either. I've seen them in the app store for 99 cents, some expensive as $2.99! Such a waste of money.

------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
Uggh. 
I had something in mind for a reply, but it would get me banned from this board.  Ouch

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 4:23am
Another reason to hate on Apple.  Thumbs Down  That noise that is supposed to be music sounds like a reject from some 60s pop song jumped up on drugs.  Dead

I have no clue what the stickers are for or what you are supposed to do with them.  Looks like more mindless cell phone bs to me (remember Pokemon Go?).  Another reason for @$$holes to keep their eyes glued to their cell phone screens while real stuff happens around them.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Another reason to hate on Apple.  Thumbs Down  That noise that is supposed to be music sounds like a reject from some 60s pop song jumped up on drugs.  Dead

I have no clue what the stickers are for or what you are supposed to do with them.  Looks like more mindless cell phone bs to me (remember Pokemon Go?).  Another reason for @$$holes to keep their eyes glued to their cell phone screens while real stuff happens around them.

I guess they had to promote this junk on TV, I just read many developers lost interest, stopped making these pricy "stickers." (https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/16/six-months-in-imessage-app-store-growth-slows-as-developers-lose-interest/ This was all part of the IOS10 keynote last June and I just thought "What the hell is this?!?" They spent so much time on the new emojis and these stickers - making themselves sound so innovative when juggernauts like that crap app Snapchat had them for months.

So glad that Pokemon Go thing has died off, I'm sure many still play..and maybe it will pick up again when the weather gets warmer? (ugh). When that came out..yeah I downloaded it to see what the fuss was about..deleted it after 30 minutes. I thought 'yeah I can see this as a massive distraction, kids staring at the phones all day, getting hit by cars. OR a**holes driving around playing this and crashing into things." Thats exactly what happened with these brain-dead twits. Again, same thing as Snapchat..idiots recording 10 second selfie clips while driving 40-50mph. WTF people??!

Only new feature I kind of like is sending a handwritten text to those you hate, it shows you took the time out of your busy day to write it out - more personal. Unlike a text or a middle finger emoji. F these stickers.

------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic