Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple commercial with a dumb-ass unicorn!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple commercial with a dumb-ass unicorn!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:17pm

This commercial was forced through my eyes on YouTube! I think I'll subscribe to their payment method because if I hate being forced to watch sh*tty-ass commercials like this one...it makes me wanna do this from a GREAT Apple Commercial...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:25pm
Yeah, I posted on this one too.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple iPhone Animoji (video)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:28am
Just goes to show how far down the sh*thole Apple advertising has gone in the last 33 years. From an awesome, groundbreaking visual amazing prophetic commercial to a stupid garbage commercial about CGI animal emojis complete with sh*tty music. Sad. It like they're not even TRYING anymore!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:44pm
They're advertising to an entirely different generation.  A couple of generations removed, actually.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:54pm
^  True.  Kids probably aren't very impressed with what Apple was able to do 33 years ago.  Emojis are much more impressive.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:04am
Ummmm.... isn't the thread title "Apple commercial with a dumb-ass unicorn!" kind of redundant?

Because honestly, aren't ALL unicorns dumb-asses?

Has anyone ever seen one who WASN'T a dumb-ass?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:19am
Unicorn woman is annoying.  That music is annoying.  Her lip syncing to the music is annoying.  Why don't they make the woman wear dark brown makeup to look like the poo emoji?  That would be funny.  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:37am
She looks like a man in the face.

I bet she's a transvestite.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Unicorn woman is annoying.  That music is annoying.  Her lip syncing to the music is annoying.  Why don't they make the woman wear dark brown makeup to look like the poo emoji?  That would be funny.  LOL

Agreed, although the technology behind the emoji is impressive. The way it's advertised, especially the music, is very irritating. Hense why I hate it. The 1984 ad even though it's old, uses intelligence, isn't irritating, still impressive to me. Although I do understand that you can't advertise a 33 year old ad to a millenial I wish they could advertise in a less annoying way.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:39am
Ok, so I watched it.  I knew that I'd regret it, and I did.  Wow.  I still can't believe that Apple is making such a big deal of that stupid animoji crap.  They've really sunk to a new level of low with that.

The amount of thought and creativity that went into creating the 1984 commercial...  Well, they just don't put that kind of thought and creativity into any of the commercials that they come out with today.

I don't hate Apple.  My computers are Apple.  I have had several iPads.  But that is just fkn stupid.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:00am
Personally, I wasn't really impressed with the "1984" themed commercial back in 1984 either.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:24am
I got an idea, instead of the guy with the glasses on the screen in the 1984 commercial. Put the animoji ad on the big screen and let Hammer Woman® smash it to pieces with her sledgehammer. Everybody wins!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:52am
DisapproveI don't like the singing/talking turd.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:06am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

DisapproveI don't like the singing/talking turd.

That's the new Apple analmoji...   
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:44pm
Apple has been focusing on freggin emojis for the past 2, 3 years - especially embedding them into the iMessage system losing all credibility in my opinion. Goofy emojis, animojis, over rated Disney "stickers" and other kid like garbage. Not all iPhone users are 10, 11 years old. The latest IOS and OS for Apple is extremely flawed and filled with bugs!  This past Saturday, millions of iPhones stopped working and kept rebooting due to some silly time flaw in the system (12:15, Dec 2) caused a major crash for some odd reason.

Then I read they are working on REVERSE emojis for next year? The ability to flip an emoji facing  the other way....why??  What a waste of time and energy! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5151587/Apple-reversible-emojis-year.html

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

They're advertising to an entirely different generation.  A couple of generations removed, actually.

Yes a generation of self obsessed MORONS

Still like the singing PooTongue
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:18pm

Sh*t used to be funny until Apple came along and made it officially funny.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:54am
Quote Then I read they are working on REVERSE emojis for next year? The ability to flip an emoji facing  the other way....why??  

So you can look at it's butthole...?  LOL
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I got an idea, instead of the guy with the glasses on the screen in the 1984 commercial. Put the animoji ad on the big screen and let Hammer Woman® smash it to pieces with her sledgehammer. Everybody wins!

Now that would be a commercial I'd enjoy!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 2:36am
I just saw this one.  This is the shortest version of it that I could find and with this one, the shorter the better.  Damn.  There's even more of that dumbass animoji garbage.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:04am
Unlike Horseface & Unicorn, she doesn't resemble that critter at all.  Maybe they should have gone with a duck to match those ducklips...   LOL
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 4:00pm
^Or maybe a couple of big caterpillars. LOL
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:24pm
^ or maybe Sanjaya from American Idol?

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 8:22pm
The girl is kinda cute though at least.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 5:27pm
They've been BOMBARDING the airwaves with this crap! Enough already Apple! We get it! You like singing animojis! Now cut it out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic