Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any old songs that you can't forget.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 1:41am
^^^Thank You, NR!Big smile I started working with them soon after this album came out...my FAVORITE cut was this....especially if you could experience it in front of Tony Bank's towers - you could literally feel the music resonate through your body....and if you were slightly tilted, that feeling was electric.
When it comes to the keyboards at high volume without blowing out your eardrums while standing in front of the speakers, nobody can quite make a person feel their molecules rattle like Banks can...and that is an amazing feeling.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 2:23am
Good stuff with that video.  I need more prime live Genesis (outside of the '73 live album).

In what capacity did you work with them?
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:03am
Road work - small group of us were 'roadies for rent'. Think they're called something else now as 'roadie' just sounded a little too much like 'boy whores' when we were the TECHNICIANS, not the 'groupies'. We got all the technical setup and silliness, then the tear-down after the show. I don't think people realize how much 'prep work' goes into the setup and sound checks and adjustments all the way until the last minute before a show, especially if setting up for musicians who are perfectionists and/or bullies. Some folks were just nicer than others but there were plenty of times I wanted to turn and walk away. And no, it isn't a 'stoned life' - one has to be alert and ready, no excuses.
And tearing down? Sometimes not traveling with the band, but rather meeting up in the next city, things could get dicey when it came to train and bus schedules or if crossing into certain countries - sometimes only a subset of folks would go because of visa issues, or, like me after an ELP concert in Mannheim one beautiful summer evening...I hopped onto a train for a 30 minute ride to Heidelberg, but fell asleep and woke up near the iron curtain, where I got (happily) tossed off the train. When you left an event, you were TIRED, if not exhausted.
I got to work my tail off for a few groups. Rich? Not a chance. Free concerts? You bet. Meet people? All kinds and a lot - and it was really shocking when someone would remember you after not seeing you for years. It still makes me feel good.

No, no...bootleg stuff was not accessible, or was a good way to get fired.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
The month of July is almost over...I almost forgot to post this song.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:04pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:30pm

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:44pm
That's an oldie, alright.

Written back in that innocent era when every 5th or 6th car on the road wasn't being driven by a psychotic serial killer out cruising the highways looking for their next victim.

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gas, grass or ass.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:14am
In honor of Glen Campbell "Like A Rhinestone Cowboy”
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Gas, grass or ass.

Nobody rides for free
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:46pm

Gas, grass or ass.

LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:50pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:01pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:39pm
Girls from my high school era dancing in short skirts to Canned Heat.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:49pm
Seen that video.

The same video clip is set to a couple of other songs, too.

I think the girls are Brits and it was taped from an old Brit dance show similar to American Band Stand.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:15pm
That vid led me to "Pans People", some female dance troupe in England who danced on British TV shows in the 60s and 70s.  Lotta vids. Seems most of the dancers are dead now.

I'm sure Jimmy knows about them.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:50pm

That vid led me to "Pans People", some female dance troupe in England who danced on British TV shows in the 60s and 70s.  Lotta vids. Seems most of the dancers are dead now.

I'm sure Jimmy knows about them.

Interesting.

I didn't think the girls in the first video were professional dancers.

Figured they were just average teenage girls on a dance show.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:01pm
I think those were just regular teenagers.  But there was a link under that video to some guy's Youtube page that featured Pan's People.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:10pm

I think those were just regular teenagers.  But there was a link under that video to some guy's Youtube page that featured Pan's People.

Regular SMOKIN HOT teenagers...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm

LOL

Especially that one they keep focusing on (the one in the screen capture).  There's another few who are outstanding, too.

Sadly, they're all in their 60s now.  Confused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:21pm
Notice also that the two guys that nobody wants to look at anyway, are way back in the back.

Where they belong!!!

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:31pm

LOL

Especially that one they keep focusing on (the one in the screen capture).  There's another few who are outstanding, too.

Sadly, they're all in their 60s now.  Confused

So you'd rather they be dead?  Confused  Unhappy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 6:19pm
Cry...WHY any oldies station would dredge this song up is beyond me, but one just did...

ConfusedCould this be the song sung to John Denver by Oliver one brokeback evening?
"LUKE! JOHN! I AM YOUR FATHER!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 6:30pm
^ I might sing like that with my first butt check.  Exit only!

But, you inspire me PaW. Wink

It bugs me when these people rape a great song just to sell a product.

The original...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 6:51pm
Great old song.

Gotta admit I really liked this remake version too, though...

... especially the video.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic