Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another too hip iphone commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another too hip iphone commercial
    Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 12:58am
OK, I searched for posts about this atrocity and didn't see one.... who else hates the "community organizer" Jason? The message I get from this ad is "iPhone users are inconsiderate f*cknozzles who tie up traffic for hours by taking up 4 lanes of road at 2mph so they can show how green they are..."

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 1:50am

I don't recall seeing this commercial posted about here.  

Here 'tis:

diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 2:08am
What a stupid commercial! My question - Can people go for at least 2 minutes without checking their stupid phone? I tossed my smartphone and facebook about a year ago and have never been happier! I have a home land line. If people really need or want to get in touch with me my land line is open. This obsession with smartphones and apps is really sickening :(

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 2:41am
I don't know, I don't see this one as being as bad as some of the others. The music sounds like a decent MoTown-style song could be made of it if the stupid rap wasn't getting in the way. This one'd probably be alright if I simply turned away from watching.

What's getting to me is this "x/y's Verse" thing, as if Apple's trying to naively tell us that EVERYONE has some special role to play.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by diezman diezman wrote:

What a stupid commercial! My question - Can people go for at least 2 minutes without checking their stupid phone? I tossed my smartphone and facebook about a year ago and have never been happier! I have a home land line. If people really need or want to get in touch with me my land line is open. This obsession with smartphones and apps is really sickening :( 

I've only owned about two or three cell phones in my life & never kept them active for more than a month or two. 

No use for them.

I actually fell kind of sad for people who spend their lives tethered to those stupid things.

I'd also like to smack them.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I don't know, I don't see this one as being as bad as some of the others. The music sounds like a decent MoTown-style song could be made of it if the stupid rap wasn't getting in the way. This one'd probably be alright if I simply turned away from watching.

What's getting to me is this "x/y's Verse" thing, as if Apple's trying to naively tell us that EVERYONE has some special role to play.

I didn't hate it either. Mild dislike at best.

Funny how they never show people in their ads using their iPads to hack into other people's bank accounts & commit identity theft.

That's an ad I'd like to see.

I'd like to see somebody do a parody ad like that.

BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 3:44am

I agree. Also I don't really see this as a hipster commercial, I mean the first guy seemed kinda reggae-ish and the from what I saw the people on the bikes seemed normal. 

It kinda seems like Apple is doing away with the hipster style commercials since everyone else is, which I guess makes them hipster? lol
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 4:13am

When I look this up, I see various names associated with the song:

Yasiin Bey
Yasiin Gaye
Marvin Gaye
Amerigo Gazaway
Mos Def

And I see that "Yasiin Gaye features The Temptations".  And that "Yasiin Bey x Marvin Gaye = Yasiin Gaye".

I don't get this kinda crap.  Who the hell does the song, fer Chrissakes??!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 4:45am
The question is "Who cares????"

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 5:33am
Meh. I don't hate smart phones, but I'm not surgically attached to it, either. I DO find it useful for looking up statistics while I watch a baseball game. Yes, I'm THAT obsessed with baseball.

I spend a lot of time at the gym, where cell phones are prohibited, so mine stays in the car.

I do have a "grocery list" app. Carrying the phone is easier than the old paper and pencil list.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 5:13am
Actually in my opinion one of the less objectionable commercials for "my sh*t don't stink Apple." I actually like the music before it gets into that hip hop slop.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic