Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

annoying applebee's commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: annoying applebee's commercial
    Posted: 26 May 2013 at 6:14am
i didn't see a thread about this but this one's driving me up the wall. her voice grates my nerves. in all the latest applebee's commercials, the chefs have been waaaay too excited about whatever crap they're promoting. but her voice makes it seem like she's on something because it's just...i don't know. she just needs to take it down about fifty notches.

Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:06am
This is sort of off topic, but seriously, does Applebee's have any decent food on their menu?

I mean I know it's Applebee's, so it's not like I am expecting a gourmet meal. But honestly, it just has BAD food!

I somehow find myself there maybe once or twice a year on average through friends or family who want to meet for a quick lunch. And invariably, the consensus is, "Umm, why did we come here?"

I think I've tried their burgers, steaks, soups, and a seafood dish of some sort over the years. And they were all awful. I would rate it a 3 and give Chili's a 10 in comparison. (And I don't particularly like Chili's. But at least it is decent enough to eat).  

As far as chain restaurants go, this has got to be the bottom of the barrel taste wise.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

This is sort of off topic, but seriously, does Applebee's have any decent food on their menu?

I mean I know it's Applebee's, so it's not like I am expecting a gourmet meal. But honestly, it just has BAD food!

I somehow find myself there maybe once or twice a year on average through friends or family who want to meet for a quick lunch. And invariably, the consensus is, "Umm, why did we come here?"

I think I've tried their burgers, steaks, soups, and a seafood dish of some sort over the years. And they were all awful. I would rate it a 3 and give Chili's a 10 in comparison. (And I don't particularly like Chili's. But at least it is decent enough to eat).  

As far as chain restaurants go, this has got to be the bottom of the barrel taste wise.

I like their fish and chips. The same for me. Applebee's is about a once per year visit.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:03pm
There needs to be some sort of truth in advertising law against these kind of ads. Applebees isn't freshly chopping anything. If your food comes out of a bag or gets microwaved you don't get ads like this that make it look freshly prepared.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by dizrythmia dizrythmia wrote:

i didn't see a thread about this but this one's driving me up the wall. her voice grates my nerves. in all the latest applebee's commercials, the chefs have been waaaay too excited about whatever crap they're promoting. but her voice makes it seem like she's on something because it's just...i don't know. she just needs to take it down about fifty notches.

She can barely contain herself! She starts out growling and then bobs around like a pigeon. I'd love to know what the director said to get her to act like that.

Applebee's isn't great food but I don't mind it. Their alfredo pasta is fine, and the sirloin with steamed vegetables isn't too bad for a cheap steak at a chain. I'd never confuse it with a high-end steakhouse, but as a 2 for $20 deal I can't complain. They also have good Happy Hour deals. 
beknighted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beknighted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 5:56am
That's Alice from Workaholics. She could do so much better than this.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

Nothing I go out of my way for but it's been okay the few times I've been there. Admittedly I've only been there a handful of times, but it struck me as pretty much average the times I went. I wouldn't say it was any worse than most chains.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:00am
I've tried their steaks on more than one occasion and they were pretty damn good! I have no idea where you get this "Applebee's food is bad" idea from, but it sure doesn't exist here!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I've tried their steaks on more than one occasion and they were pretty damn good! I have no idea where you get this "Applebee's food is bad" idea from, but it sure doesn't exist here!

I would rate Applebee's somewhere between bad and OK. My problem with my local one is drunken frat boys and sorority sisters. It is always crowded and loud. I can always find somewhere else that has better food and is not so crowded or loud. At my age the sorority sisters are not that much of an attraction.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 3:44pm
The one close to me is relatively quiet...and I confess, I love the quesadilla burger.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 3:51pm
Is it just me, or does Alice look old and tired in these Applebee's commercials as opposed to beautiful and energetic in Workaholics?
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 5:38pm
My main issue with Applebee's is that, to me, everything tastes like it has the same "we just microwaved this" taste. For pub, snacky food (buffalo wings, etc) they're alright.... but I avoid it at all costs if I'm going out to dinner. We have a Chili's right down the street from our Applebee's here and Chili's food beats the heck out of Applebee's.
Strangely enough, my fiancee's brother just got a job as the manager of an Applebee's. His response when he got the job offer was, "Great - got the job at Crapplebee's". Hahaha. He'd been looking for a while so he didn't have much of a choice. LOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 9:48pm
She is wayyy too effusive here, and couldn't possibly get any more sh*t-eating into that grin.

And she either has man hands, or someone else's hands are shown in closeup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic