Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP white mom. mulatto kids.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP white mom. mulatto kids.
    Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:30am
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:44am

Confused...are those TRIPLETS?! Where's DAD?!

And why does this need to be the subject of a popcorn commercial?
Why can't there be a dad around there? It feels SO wrong...
"On her way back to live with her parents, we meet a single white girl who made ONE bad decision on a drunken & drugged night a few years back now and can now only feed her 'food stamps' popcorn - but they don't get any..."
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 3:05am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"On her way back to live with her parents, we meet a single white girl who made ONE bad decision on a drunken & drugged night a few years back now and can now only feed her 'food stamps' popcorn - but they don't get any..."

LOLLOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 3:25am
DisapproveBitch got 3 brats and no diaper bag. Ya gotta know that whole area reeks of urine and recycled popcorn...Dead
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 10:40am
We're supposed to not notice that there's an agenda here.  Thing is, they're the ones using the interracial angle to attract attention.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 12:39pm

Shame on you, Pa!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Shame on you, Pa!!!
LOL
My computer is being a pain in the ass.

I'm with PaW, where is the AWOL sperm donor dad?

Times have changed and we are all part of a melting pot.  I can't forget some of the old sitcoms that challenged such issues.

Helen Willis (née Douglas) (portrayed by Roxie Roker, except for her first appearance in All in the Family, when she was portrayed by Kim Hamilton) is Louise's best friend and George's worst nightmare. She has been married to Tom Willis for 34 years. Tom is white, and Helen is black, which was a renowned aspect of the show. George, disliking racially mixed-marriages, constantly called both Helen and Tom "zebra" or "chocolate and vanilla". Helen often strikes back by calling him "shorty." As well, George enjoys calling Tom "honky",

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 7:51pm
DeadWhere's the diaper bag?!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:30pm
It's too bad she didn't open her mouth and swallow her baby daddy's pop-corn.  Wink

Boom! ? !

Bet that mama lissens to rap!
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 7:29pm
Where to begin? Well the post I made here covers most of what I'd have to say about this commercial.

Very vague, though, isn't it? It's really open to interpretation. Is she even their mother? Maybe she's the nanny, and those are some famous athlete's kids. We don't know. We can only infer. It's obvious we're meant to infer this is a happy multi-racial family. But who can say, for certain? Keeps things conveniently comfy and noncommittal for brands and ad agencies, huh?

And then there's the issue of dad. A happy, multi-racial family indeed! Ouch! That image of mommy lackadaisically stuffing her face while her shrieking kids run amok looks pretty bad, considering the familiar stereotypes about deadbeat black fathers. But, hey, they're in an airport! The family is probably meeting him there, right?! We'll never know! Another easy out for the company, I guess. No definite answers given.

FWIW, I don't think there's anything wrong with interracial relationships/procreation any more than I think there's anything wrong with homosexuality (as stated in the linked post). I'm not interested in virtue-signaling or political correctness either, though. Much less debating my own personal ideology with anyone. I despise authoritarianism and moralizing from both Left and Right positions. I only mention my socially Liberal/Libertarian "values" because I'm not interested in defending myself against potential accusations of "racism". I just think parading the concept of vaguely implied multiculturalism around to sell popcorn snacks is totally reprehensible.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by the raytownian the raytownian wrote:

Where to begin? Well the post I made here covers most of what I'd have to say about this commercial.

Very vague, though, isn't it? It's really open to interpretation. Is she even their mother? Maybe she's the nanny, and those are some famous athlete's kids. We don't know. We can only infer. It's obvious we're meant to infer this is a happy multi-racial family. But who can say, for certain? Keeps things conveniently comfy and noncommittal for brands and ad agencies, huh?

And then there's the issue of dad. A happy, multi-racial family indeed! Ouch! That image of mommy lackadaisically stuffing her face while her shrieking kids run amok looks pretty bad, considering the familiar stereotypes about deadbeat black fathers. But, hey, they're in an airport! The family is probably meeting him there, right?! We'll never know! Another easy out for the company, I guess. No definite answers given.

FWIW, I don't think there's anything wrong with interracial relationships/procreation any more than I think there's anything wrong with homosexuality (as stated in the linked post). I'm not interested in virtue-signaling or political correctness either, though. Much less debating my own personal ideology with anyone. I despise authoritarianism and moralizing from both Left and Right positions. I only mention my socially Liberal/Libertarian "values" because I'm not interested in defending myself against potential accusations of "racism". I just think parading the concept of vaguely implied multiculturalism around to sell popcorn snacks is totally reprehensible.
WinkSmile
Hey - I can appreciate everything you said and you sensitivity, but I believe I'm probably correct.
And I want to know where the friggin' diaper bag is because when you have triplets, 1/3 of the time, one has sh*t in the shorts.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 7:41pm
^LOL

PaW, he is incredibly wealthy so they shipped the dirty pants, to the landfill.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 9:10pm

Minor points...

Even if she's just the nanny, it's clear the kids have interracial parents.  Dad black, Mom white, most likely.  That's usually the way it is.

They're not waiting to meet anyone.  They're going somewhere.  They have luggage.  Unless, of course, the luggage was stolen by the kids.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm
^^^what's wrong with you?! I already explained it in the beginning.
And what's this about "That's the way it usually is...."? So both you and I are 'unusual'?
I guess it is time to explain the 'Fambly Sekret' to my kids - their Mom was really white and I am really Black, so nobody can call them 'mulattos', no.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:19am

Thumbs Up Clap 

I totally agree with you on this and the other post you made.  That's why I like to make fun of these types of commercials.
Tony&JenDaluz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony&JenDaluz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:06pm
If anyone did any research they would know that the father of these beautiful two year old triplets is serving overseas, and maybe she has them potty trained and her bag is on the chair beside them where you can't see it, people always rushing to judgment smh. And it surprises me that so many people automatically assume the father is not present due to a negative thing. Anyone think she is there to surprise her husband with his family on leave from iraq or something???!!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Tony&JenDaluz Tony&JenDaluz wrote:

If anyone did any research they would know that the father of these beautiful two year old triplets is serving overseas, and maybe she has them potty trained and her bag is on the chair beside them where you can't see it, people always rushing to judgment smh. And it surprises me that so many people automatically assume the father is not present due to a negative thing. Anyone think she is there to surprise her husband with his family on leave from iraq or something???!!!!
Yeah, we considered all that, but discarded that theory because the Boomchickapop Mom is too skanky to be a fine young upstanding military wife.  She looks and acts like a ho bag.  Sorry you got your knickers in a twist over our discussion on Commercials I Hate dot com.

That's what we do here.  We hate on commercials.  We do not do research into the personal lives of the unknown actors and actresses or the so-called real people who appear in commercials.

We just like to snark on skanky chicks and other random things.

Thanks for joining our happy little group.  Now make like a bee...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony&JenDaluz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:51pm
my knickers aren't in a twist lol, she can be a skanky slut all she wants, i just think those little ones are adorable, and i probably won't be making like a bee anytime soon, but thanks for the warm welcome
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:15am
You know, Thor I can't agree with you more.  That's saying something!

However, the possible "hidden agenda" is the Black father is absent (neglecting his children, which is stereotypical) leaving the white mother to pick up the pieces. 

Though I don't personally think that is the case in this commercial. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony&JenDaluz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:27am
thats what i didn't like about this commercial, it wasn't until i saw people saying that, that i looked into it to find out what the story was, but the agenda and inuendo was definitely apparent
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Tony&JenDaluz Tony&JenDaluz wrote:

my knickers aren't in a twist lol, she can be a skanky slut all she wants, i just think those little ones are adorable, and i probably won't be making like a bee anytime soon, but thanks for the warm welcome
You probably won't be staying around on this forum for long, if at all, but thanks for the sarcasm.  You're the one(s) who jumped in and criticized our criticism of this commercial.  So, are you a split personality or do you do everything under you and your husband's name?  Or is it your brother?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by AnotherPoster AnotherPoster wrote:

If anyone did any research they would know that the father of these beautiful two year old triplets is getting servicedng overseas on a daily basis, and maybe she has them potty trained (but we know better) and her bag is on the chair beside them where you can't see it, because it is full of coke and heroin people always rushing to judgment smh. And it surprises me that so many people automatically assume KNOW the father is not present due to a negative thing three whining, crying, puking, screaming brats who are reeking of urine and feces and have rashes. Anyone think she is there to surprise her husband with his family on leave from iraq or something, or to send the little sh*ts back with him???!!!!
WinkI fixed it and made it all better! You're welcome...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony&JenDaluz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:32pm
Lol!!😂😂 I think i understand now... and ur probably right, a little harsh tho...the kids are still cute anyway
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

However, the possible "hidden agenda" is the Black father is absent (neglecting his children, which is stereotypical) leaving the white mother to pick up the pieces. 

Such a big word - why not just face the facts? I see it all the time where black daddy walks away from baby food stamp.
It makes me sick and ashamed.
It's not stereotypical.
It's commonplace.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:25am

Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

Such a big word - why not just face the facts? I see it all the time where black daddy walks away from baby food stamp.
It makes me sick and ashamed.
It's not stereotypical.
It's commonplace.

Well, "Crack-Ho" Mama is just as guilty.
It's sad.  Too many of these children are simply not wanted, and not loved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic