Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Idol- Why Is This A Thing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:03am
I've seen clips from those types of shows.  That's about it.  I might've even posted one here---some young chick with a Janis Joplinesque sound.  Or maybe it was someone else who posted it.  She was good...but where is she now?

Then there was that Susan Boyle who won some British version of some talent show.  That clip was pretty big some years back.  Seems she's one of the few who went on to fame and fortune.  Hell, even I remember her name.

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:10pm
I absolutely cannot stand it!! The months of promos on ABC for this reboot nonsense. Now ABC calls themselves "America's Network" and patting themselves on the back for it's ratings. Shut up and go away..and take that wussboy Ryan Seacreast with you!

When this was announced, I just simply thought "do we really, really need this again." ABC had to come up with some slop to compete with The Voice, I think theres another singing show on Fox. Just more unoriginal programming. 

Then the next day..more silliness with this show, the local ABC news here in Philly takes 5-10 minutes and breaks the show down with "American Idol 'expert'" runner up has been from season 1. F'ing painful!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 11:05pm
American Idol used to be the most-watched show in America in its first 5-6 seasons. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have gone on to amazing stardom. But as Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and eventually Randy Jackson retired from judging, the show turned to s--t and has always been that way. Katy Perry...gag me with a spoon! But if we didn't have American Idol we would have yet *another* season of Dancing with the Stars. I'm getting sick of that one too.
At least The Good Doctor is still airing on Mondays. My mother is a huge fan of ABC's Grey's Anatomy along with Scandal, on Thursdays. The Middle and Modern Family are also favorites in the household, but The Middle is ending its 9-year run this May.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I still watch the show. Don't know why. LOL Anyway on Monday's show there was this chick auditioning, and she brought her dog. The dog is... get this ... an "Emotional Support Animal." I'll get back to that, but this mutt was pooping everywhere and the judges were so grossed out that they didn't even let the girl sing.

Okay... an "Emotional Support Animal." Uhhhhhh ... what the HELL? This is a thing now? That is the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. So these mongrels have as much freedom as, I don't know, Service dogs? What is this dopey millennial BS?

That is one nasty dog! In his/her defense it's probably nervous. But good God why put a dog through this trauma? When I first heard about the "emotional support peacock not being able to go on the plane" I thought it was a joke by Arby's little did I know via The Weather Channel some dips*** tried to take a real live peacock on a plane as a "emotional support animal".
She was told there was no way the peacock could be in the cabin but tried to bring it on anyway. Just another run of the mill "Attention Ho".Angry I have no interest in the singing competition or any type of awards shows.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:19pm
United has suspended all pet oriented transportation after...

A:  A pet died after being put in an overhead compartment.
B: Another dog was sent to the wrong destination, JAPAN!!

That dog survived but it just shows me how f*cked up the airline industry is.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

... the local ABC news here in Philly takes 5-10 minutes and breaks the show down with "American Idol 'expert'" runner up has been from season 1. F'ing painful!

And this f***er is none other than Dr. Pepper's "Lil' Sweet," Justin Guarini. 

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

United has suspended all pet oriented transportation after...

A:  A pet died after being put in an overhead compartment.
B: Another dog was sent to the wrong destination, JAPAN!!

That dog survived but it just shows me how f*cked up the airline industry is.
Now if United would suspend all people oriented transportation.  
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:48pm

Now if United would suspend all people oriented transportation. 

HAClap
if i could fit in the above compartment i WOULD--more room!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I still watch the show. Don't know why. LOL Anyway, on Monday's show, there was this chick auditioning, and she brought her dog. The dog is... get this ... an "Emotional Support Animal." I'll get back to that, but this mutt was pooping everywhere and the judges were so grossed out that they didn't even let the girl sing.

Okay... an "Emotional Support Animal." Uhhhhhh ... what the HELL? This is a thing now? That is the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. So these mongrels have as much freedom as, I don't know, Service dogs? What is this dopey millennial BS?

OMG! you got me laughing my ass off. Almost sprayed water from my mouth on my computer from laughing. That scat doggy is probably the most talented. I agree with the others that A.I. is nothing without the really early rounds of the really hysterical bad acts, Simon, Randy etc. Katy Perry? She has gone total plumper lesbo! The only thing she had going for her was when she whored it up with her long hair, micro short miniskirts, showing plenty of toned long leg. Her voice and her music could scare flies off of fresh sh*t! Roar, Fireworks and even California Girls sound like a retarded girl got to crooning on the short bus on the way to special ed school. I say the "new butch Katy Perry" and Flo should get it on. They are perfect for each other. ABC goofed bringing back this stinker American Idol. However, it has the potential to hang around for generations like the retarded Home Video show. I guess cheap to produce and a time gobbler. The current incarnation of the bad American Idol would do better on the Gay Network NBC. Katy Perry

I hate her so-called music but back in the day she was a hot piece of ass to look at. She should grow her hair back, exercise and show some skin. The butch look will make her a has been before her time!
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 2:02pm
I've seen this awful crap commercial a few times since last night! 
Holy sh*t, this is an INSTANT MUTE!! It's beyond annoying.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I've seen this awful crap commercial a few times since last night! 
Holy sh*t, this is an INSTANT MUTE!! It's beyond annoying.

Nonononononononono! Why'd I click on that ad!? It's like the Brady Bunch meets The Voice argh! NIGHTMARE FUEL! Not scary more annoying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:33pm
thing is the show has become a parody of its self with the cheesy pre-taped pieces usually of a sob story with one of the contestants going on about being in a single parent family, growing up poor, being a single mother, being gay or lesbian, etc etc etc and this is "their only chance to make something of themselves". Really? You're saying without American Idol you'd be dead of starvation in the gutter? You have no other talents or means to make a living like 99.99% of the rest of the worlds population?
And the oft-mentioned "I've been singing my whole life. My friends and family always tell me how talented I am..."  Confused
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:33am
I was subject to that Brady Bunch nonsense the other night. And the ratings are still not as great as they used to be. Hopefully this is the only revival season and then it will go in the garbage, for good.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic