Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allstate - "Pet Shop Boys song"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaronbbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:40am
I'll bite. If you have to mention that you're not racist, you're probably racist.

People love music. A lot of Black people gain an interest in new music they may have never been exposed to otherwise by way of commercials, songs in movies they like, or even the title screen of a game like Madden or FIFA.

You racist.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:25am

I like to watch music reaction videos on Youtube. Usually, it's for some old song I like. And usually the Youtubers are black, male and female. And, invariably they have positive reactions to these songs. Yesterday, I watched reaction videos for Grand Funk's Inside Looking Out and Black Sabbath's Into the Void. The black reactors loved the songs.

I found a reaction to the Pet Shop Boys song in the commercial, but it was from a black Brit.

Here's a reaction to another Pet Shop Boys song, but from a black American.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by aaronbbg aaronbbg wrote:

I'll bite. If you have to mention that you're not racist, you're probably racist.

People love music. A lot of Black people gain an interest in new music they may have never been exposed to otherwise by way of commercials, songs in movies they like, or even the title screen of a game like Madden or FIFA.

You racist.

I'm in my fifties. But when I was younger I listened to all kinds of music. Springsteen, Parliament/Funkadelic, Talking Heads, etc. I have (or "had" really, since a tornado destroyed a lot of possessions years ago) every album by Peter Gabriel, Genesis and Kate Bush. I knew a girl from my old neighborhood that was into Stevie Nicks. My cousin is a big Dolly Parton fan. 

We're black.

It pisses me off when people try to tell us what music we like. 
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:54pm

Kinda related, kinda funny:
#116 on the list of "Stuff White People Like" is...

Black Music that Black People Don't Listen to Anymore.

https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/11/18/116-black-music-that-black-people-dont-listen-to-anymore/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic