Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airwick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grilld Cheese Samich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airwick
    Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 9:01pm
Seen the Airwick commercials with those animated animals? That's just wrong! There is an elephant, chameleon, octopus and giraffe. I went to Airwicks page and its disturbing they have bios that read like a real person. Things like "with my two teenage boys" etc..

They aren't cute and cuddly types, they are just...I don't know...wrong! Maybe they use animation so they don't have to pay and put up with real actors? And the animation looks very outdated like an old 80s saturday morning cartoon.

http://www.airwick.us/access/index.html

Sponsored Links

carlaspirit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 4:17am

Should it bug me that the family members are rarely made up of the same species or should I just throw all logic and plausibility out the window whenever these ads come on.

AARRRGHHH!!!
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 6:21am
I'm too lazy to find them all in English but this is more entertaining anyhow. Click on the black screen that says "Embedding disabled by request" to watch it on YouTube as I am also too lazy to rewrite these as labeled URLs.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 4:15pm
Can you imagine the smell of all those animals together in one room? They're going to need more that one Airwick Freshmatic to get that smell out.

Plus, how do they figure an elephant marrying a centipede and having rabbit children?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 6:24pm
I just saw the one with the Ant lady and I almost screamed in terror. Soemthing about that ant "butt" scares the hell out of me.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 6:34pm
I don't know why they think those weird, stylized animals are cute. Those things really creep me out!

"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
pixiestix View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiestix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 7:43pm
Also, and I really don't know why, it really bothers me that some of them are nudists and others wear clothes and it especially bothers me that the frog is apparently only a nudist when she is "back home in the rain forest".  Why does this bug me so much?  I don't know, I just know that it does. 

Okay, sorry to harp on this, but I just had to edit my post to include a complaint about the latest ad with the ants.  First, the ants are creepy and scary and second, since all the ants are naked, why does the mom carry around three huge laundry baskets full of clothes????  I hate inconsistencies like that, it just makes this commercial irritate me even more. 

Okay, I'm done with this one I think....
Kiss my artichoke!
coolfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 10:49am
lol i love these!
interspecies loving ahahah
crazydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 5:07am
I know this is an older topic, but I couldn't agree with what has already been said more.  Very spot on!

I think what disgusts me most of all are the "hints of boobs" on the female animal species.  I find it extremely disturbing to be watching a commercial with talking CGI animals with inter-specie-breeding families in which the "Mom" Animal is wear a suggestive sweater or has human breast lumps on "her" torso. 

I swear this is illegal to show in at least 43 of the 50 states.
big_E View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 3:34pm
I'd blame the furries for the creation of these ads

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Plus, how do they figure an elephant marrying a centipede and having rabbit children?

Don't worry!  That will be on TLC's new Fall Lineup!  "Fat Jon and Kate Plus One Hundred And Eight" !   Tongue
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:58am
Originally posted by big_E big_E wrote:

I'd blame the furries for the creation of these ads

God!  What a buncha dorks!

Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:29pm

"Creature Comforts", anyone?

One call... destroys 'em all!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:02pm
This is one commercial franchise I like.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 3:30am
Do they air the one with the elephant married to the centipede anymore? That one was my favorite.
Prometheus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:10am
http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4574&KW=&PID=76875#76875
Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic